Belonging is for Everyone
Belonging is for Everyone is a campaign by the Cape Breton Local Immigration Partnership – a collaborative, community initiative made up of more than 30 organizations working to help make it easier for newcomers to settle on the Island.
Launched at the Stories of Belonging: CBLIP Partner Update Event in November, the campaign’s mission is to spark ideas and conversations about how we can all help foster welcoming and inclusive communities, where everyone can feel a strong sense of belonging. We believe that by finding points of connection and exploring our shared experiences, we can build healthier and happier communities where everyone feels supported and valued. We can all play a role in making sure everyone feels that they belong in Cape Breton-Unama’ki.
Click here to read the full press release
How can I get involved?
There are many ways that each of us can be part of helping everyone to feel valued in Cape Breton-Unama’ki. If you’d like to find some more ways to be involved, we invite you to consider these suggestions:
- Volunteer with a Welcome Group in your community as part of the Cape Breton Welcome Network
- Access (and add to) our Welcoming Ideas Bank for small, everyday action ideas
- Be part of the Connector Program
- Learn more about the Cape Breton Local Immigration Partnership (CBLIP)
- Share your stories of belonging on social media with the hashtags #BelongingIsForEveryone and #ImmigrationMatters
Explore the stories of people across Cape Breton-Unama’ki – and hear what belonging means to them.
- Read the Report: CBLIP Community Consultation on Newcomer Settlement in Cape Breton-Unama’ki
- Immigration in Cape Breton: Important Facts
- Immigration in Cape Breton: A Glossary of Common Terms
- Characteristics of a Welcoming Community
- Welcoming America Resource Library
- Stories of welcoming community actions in New Zealand
Last Modified: December 1, 2021