Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
The three R’s – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle are practiced in each municipality across Cape Breton – Unama’ki. The specific items you can recycle might differ from region to region. Typically, all paper, plastic and liquid containers are recyclable. You must separate the recyclable materials and place them in blue bags. Regular garbage goes in clear bags. Backyard and kitchen composting is also encouraged. Check out the rules of your own municipality. Improper waste separating will lead to your garbage being left on the curb with a warning, and then a fine.
- Port Hawkesbury Waste Management
- Inverness County Waste Management
- Richmond County Waste Management
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality Waste Management
- Victoria County Waste Management
Last Modified: September 8, 2021