- There are several daily newspapers published throughout the region all published by Saltwire Network. In Cape Breton, local residents have access to both The Cape Breton Post and The Chronicle Herald through SaltWire Network.
- The Inverness Oran is a weekly publication that provides news coverage for the Municipality of the County of Inverness.
- The Reporter is a weekly publication, which provides news coverage for the Municipalities of the Counties of Inverness & Richmond, the Town of Port Hawkesbury, and the remainder of the Strait Area region of Mainland Nova Scotia.
A variety of radio stations are available across the Island, and your access to these stations depends on your location and the strength of your radio signal receiver. The following is a list of available stations:
- Max 98.3 FM
- 94.9 FM The Wave
- New Country 103.5 FM
- The Coast 89.7 FM
- Hot 101.9 FM
- The Hawk 101.5 FM
- CJFX 102.5
- 93.7 Mniku Radio
- Eskasoni Radio
- Caper Radio
- Chéticamp Radio 106.1 CKJM
- 104,1 CITU Radio Richmond
- Canadian Broadcast Corporation (CBC)
- CBC is a federal broadcaster with a number of station IDs depending where you are located in Cape Breton – Unama’ki. Click here to find your nearest CBC Radio frequency.
The internet is a great resource in accessing Canadian and international news. These sites also offer sections that focus on news local to Cape Breton and Nova Scotia. These national news sources include, among others:Click here to submit an addition/edit to this page
Last Modified: October 1, 2021