Entry to Canada

When entering Canada, you will need valid identification. Whether you are a visitor, or a temporary resident, you will need supporting documentation and identification when entering Canada. 

Have copies of all relevant documentation with you as well. This may include: 

Some other supporting documentation may be: 

  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence; 
  • Temporary Resident Visa; 
  • Work or study permit; 
  • Work or study permit approval letter; 
  • Job offer from an employer; 
  • Letters of reference from previous employers;
  • Letter of acceptance or enrolment in a college or university; 
  • Marriage certificate
  • Language test results
  • Educational credential assessment
  • Police clearance certificates

For more information, visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Click here to submit an addition/edit to this page

Last Modified: July 19, 2021